When a community starts to draw investors, especially more than one, there is a very good reason. They have done their homework and they see the future and it has dollar signs. Of course the development has to be done correctly with the historical integrity and the overall welfare of the community in mind. This is the case with what is happening in Rockland Maine. The investor confidence in Rockland Maine is strong.
Tourism is the number one industry in the state of Maine. Tourists come to Maine for many reasons. The reasons in Rockland are many and growing. “Businesses related to the arts continue to flourish and grow; this is a major piece of Rockland’s economy.” This is from an article written by Jennifer Van Allen for Mainebiz, ‘Rock-Solid Resurgence’. The tourists who are attracted to the art scene also like good restaurants and shops that offer home-grown local food and goods. “There is also a momentum continuing with the emergence of award-winning restaurants like Primo and Café Miranda.” She goes on to say; “…these projects are being driven by the organic growth of the institutions and entrepreneurs who are based here.”
So the new investors will benefit from the existing and growing home-grown businesses and the community will also benefit. It’s all good! I think the word is ‘symbiotic’.
Here is a quick list of the exciting new projects underway in Rockland.
- Main Street Markets: A grocery that sells organic, local and natural foods and a café. Located in a historic Main Street building being renovated. Future investments along Main Street are also in the plans for this investor.
- Dowling Walsh Gallery: The gallery owner is constructing a five-story building in the back of the current Main Street gallery. It will house retail shops on the ground floor and storage and management for art on the upper floors.
- The Maine Center for Contemporary Art: The 63 year old institution is building a new home in Rockland. A Toshiko-Mori-designed building. The $3 million site is expected to open in July 2016
- The Farnsworth Art Museum: Structural upgrades and improvements to the 67 year old institution on the main building, the Wyeth Center and the Olsen House in Cushing. Completed or near completion.
- New restaurants popping up all the time in Rockland and nearby mid-coast locations. One example is 3Crow downtown Rockland. Listed as one of the best new restaurants in Maine by Downeast Magazine. “Rich southern food (mostly local) meets craft beer and an expertly curated whiskey selection.”
These are real examples of the increasing reasons why visitors will and continue to visit Rockland. Everyone benefits, including the Berry Manor Inn. This inn is a prime example of a successful Rockland home-gown entrepreneur business. It is one of the premier lodging properties not only on the mid-coast but in Maine.
Why do they stand out? If you visit their website you will not only see a variety of luxurious guest rooms to choose from but as one journeys through the pages you will experience all of what the Berry Manor Inn, Rockland and the mid-coast has to offer. Because of their excellence in providing top notch hospitality, top notch marketing and well…top notch everything, the Berry Manor Inn is producing solid revenues. A combination any investor would find impressive.
Current innkeepers, Mike and Cheryl, also see the benefit and opportunity in the current and future growth in Rockland. They recently purchased the Talbot House next door to the Berry Manor Inn. This beautiful mansard style Victorian house could be run as a B&B in conjunction with the Berry Manor Inn or as a stand-alone B&B business. Current owners have forged ahead and have permitted architectural plans for 8 rooms with ensuite baths plus innkeepers quarters with renovations under way. Investor confidence in Rockland Maine, they’ve got it!
Additional lodging rooms in Rockland equals positive growth. Forward thinking home grown entrepreneurs like Mike and Cheryl see the future and just like the out of town investors, they see dollar signs too. Future owners/innkeepers can benefit from the existing Berry Manor Inn and the additional opportunity right next door!
The B&B Team is proud to represent the Berry Manor Inn for sale.
Thank for Listening,