In the last few years Rockland, Maine has become a mecca for new residents seeking an authentic Maine location. Why? Here are 10 reasons to live, play and work in Rockland Maine.
Two innkeepers who have lived and worked here for many years describe Rockland’s authentic, warm hospitality like “Mayberry in Maine.” Their names are Andy and Barney (just kidding).
The following list was submitted by these two innkeepers, aka Andy and Barney!
10. Where else do you have the region’s best downtown and working farms?
9. Water views everywhere. Penobscot Bay, Rockland’s working harbor and fresh water lakes.
8. Four season outdoor adventures like hiking, biking, skiing and kayaking (ocean or lake). All just minutes away.
7. Rockland’s 19th century downtown and historic neighborhoods translate to easy walkability and exploration.
6. The vibrant downtown along with regional and national stores make a great year-round shopping destination.
5. Summer in Rockland means:
- Summer Solstice
- North Atlantic Blues Festival
- Maine Lobster Festival
- Maine Boats, homes and Harbor Show
4. Museum Mecca
- The Farnsworth Art Museum and Wyeth Center
- Center for Maine Contemporary Art
- Maine Lighthouse Museum
- Sail, Power & Steam Museum
3. Art, art everywhere! Featuring many galleries highlighting local and nationally acclaimed artists.
2. From Primo Restaurant to Thai Tugboat, Rockland offers great quality dining experience for every budget.
1. Rockland is what Maine means by the expression, “The Way Life Should Be.”
Live in Rockland Maine. Sound good so far? Work and own your own hospitality business. Play in an authentic Maine town surrounded by scenic seascapes and landscapes. The following are two B&Bs for sale in Rockland, wonderful opportunities offered by The B&B Team.
An 8-guest room classic Victorian bed and breakfast in a quiet neighborhood in Rockland’s Historic District, a prime location. Located just a block from the Knox County Courthouse and other downtown businesses. The architecture is grand, with double parlors, wrap around porch, high ceilings and plenty of light. The landscaping and mature gardens are simply gorgeous. The grounds are perfectly suited for tented outdoor events. Inside, the parlors and dining room are ideal to host meetings, family reunions, intimate gatherings or small celebrations. Innkeepers live in a separate cottage on the property. A wonderful retreat yet conveniently close to the inn.
A 12-guest room elegant and grand Rockland Maine bed and breakfast. Set in a quiet neighborhood minutes from downtown. Each guest room offers amenities needed for today’s discriminating traveler whether on a romantic getaway, leisure or business trip. The amount of attention to detail from laundry to attic, from amenities to safety is unparalleled. A real grand dame of Rockland with well manicured lawns and gardens and unparalleled curb appeal. The owner’s apartment has a private entrance and includes a full kitchen, living/dining room plus 2 bedrooms and 2 baths. Great private space.
Good, well run, popular and profitable B&Bs are not just a place to stay while visiting an area. These two inns are popular destination properties in the area. The attractions of the area are a bonus, and in Rockland Maine, it is a genuine bonus.
I hope you have enjoyed the 10 reason to live, work, and play in Rockland Maine. I have enjoyed sharing them with you.
Thanks for Listening,