Inn Tune Up
Innkeepers…Are your batteries running low? Maybe it is time for a jump start, a fresh look at your property and business from an outside source. The B&B Team’s INN TUNE-UP™ may be just what you need. We can help you maximize your inn’s business potential with our 225 point assessment.
Rick and Peter had fun doing a “sizzle reel” for a proposed reality show that never happened. We’ll treat you with the utmost respect, but this was a fun experience.
- We will observe your property on the outside just as a new guest would to improve your visibility.
- We will observe your common areas for comfort, functionality, cleanliness and thoughtfulness.
- Since the guests’ focus is on their individual room, we make a detailed 75 point inspection of each guest room and bathroom.
- No business can thrive without great marketing. A guest’s additional important first impression is your website. We will critique the overall design appearance as well as navigation and content.
- We will also look at your use of other marketing tools essential for a successful business including social media, print, email and logo items.
- Operations efficiency observations include housekeeping, laundry and repairs and maintenance.
- Your systems used for booking rooms, management guest records and accounting is another area of importance we will look at.
- We will look at your financials for efficiency in the areas of record keeping, tracking systems, chart of accounts and expenditures.
All of this information put together paints a very detailed picture of the inn business and can illuminate opportunities to make the inn better. Like a sports car, the goal is to have the business hum along at peak profitability by helping guests have a first class experience.
“We just wanted to say thanks again for all your help. Of course, there is a way to go before the end of the season, but things are good so far. In May receipts were up 272%! In June, 202%! Finally, as of today, we are up 37% for July!! We credit a lot of this to your help. Your suggestions really have helped. We are still not nearly through implementing the changes you suggested, but those we have done are showing promise. Thanks again, we can only hope this trend continues through the rest of the season.” Linda and Norm, Captain Swift Inn