Maine Stay Inn & Cottages, Kennebunkport B&B for sale is so much more than classic, historic and luxurious… all the terms we use to describe a top Inn in Kennebunkport. The Maine Stay Inn & Cottages is an exceptional 17 guest room/suite stately and pristine property located on Maine Street, a quiet residential street in the Historic District of Kennebunkport.
The Kennebunkport B&B for sale features the main grand house built in 1860 as a private sea captain’s home. The building retains the grace and splendor of a bygone era, yet the comforts of modern life are tastefully present in each of the six guest quarters.
Eleven cottages surround the property. They offer a wide range of lodging options with flexible floor plans and sleeping options for larger groups. All are newly decorated with a more contemporary flair that is warm and oh so inviting.
You will find all the ‘bells and whistles’ one expects from a fine-tuned B&B.
- Fireplaces, whirlpool tubs or jet showers.
- King or queen plush beds with fine linens.
- Fluffy towels and bathrobes.
- Radiant heated bathroom floors in many rooms.
- Individual heating and cooling system in all rooms.
- Flat screen cable TVs.
- ‘Breakfast Bars’ in some of the cottages.
- Gourmet breakfasts served in the dining room or delivered to your accommodations.
Current owners have taken great pride in their constant updates of all guest rooms and common areas. Attention to detail is their mantra!
Other noteworthy Maine Stay Inn features:
- A beautiful wrap around porch, an inviting focal point and wonderful for alfresco dining.
- Stop and look up, the cupola is the crown of the building.
- Enter the building, glance upwards to the dramatic ‘suspended spiral flying staircase’.
- Off to the side, the inviting parlor with fireplace, a gathering spot for guests throughout their stay.
- The formal dining room is directly behind.
- A newly renovated and expanded kitchen is efficiently located off the dining room.
- A full basement with office, laundry room and storage. There is a walk out to the back of the house, great access to the cottages for owners and staff.
- The landscaped lawns and gardens are located behind the house, with shade trees, Adirondack chairs and hammock.
Kennebunkport is a destination in all seasons. Limitless opportunities!
- Walk to town past stately homes and visit shops and galleries along the way. Your destination, Dock Square, the heart of the village.
- Fall is a perfect time to explore the area’s nature trails and preserves.
- Guests enjoy the wide variety of restaurants in the village or within short drive distances.
- Top rated US Christmas festival, Christmas Prelude, a two-week celebration.
- Another huge draw is the area’s classic rocky coastline and stunning sandy beaches.
- Boating in fresh or salt water from kayaks to a locally built and operated schooner or lobster boats.
The Maine Stay Inn & Cottages is a member of Select Registry Distinguished Inn of North America and the Historic Inns of Kennebunkport. In addition, the business is solid with financials that support the business and allow for a comfortable lifestyle for new owner operators. Financials available for qualified buyers.
The B&B Team is pleased to offer this exceptional Kennebunkport B&B for sale. We welcome qualified buyers to consider the Maine Stay Inn & Cottages when looking to turn your dreams into realities.
For more information contact Rick Wolf, 207-967-1995.