Superlative Camden Maine bed and breakfast Inn for sale. Prime Camden location known as the ‘Jewel of the Mid-Coast’, a premier Maine destination. This property is as close to perfection as you can get!
The stunning 1802 home is part of the High Street Historic District of Camden. The home consists of an outstanding main house, a four-story barn and an attached carriage house. It is an exceptional example of the progressive farm buildings very common in those times in Maine. This Select Registry Inn is in pristine condition with a distinct attention to detail inside and out. Also a member of DINE, Distinctive Inns of New England.
- Historic details include post and beam construction with original wide plank pine flooring and slate roof.
- Just under two acres of land.
- Three inviting and comfortable downstairs parlors, one featuring a wood burning fireplace. These rooms are used frequently by guests because of their inviting appeal.
- Breakfast is served in the formal dining room and the delightful and spacious all season sun room overlooking the gardens.
- Very popular with guests is the one acre perfectly landscaped ‘Guest Garden’ with a cheerful little brook and stone bridge. The picturesque gardens have several levels with walking paths and pretty seating areas.
- Bright, warm and inviting open kitchen featuring a decorative grand old Queen Atlantic Stove.
- Well serviced adjoining guest pantry.
- Eight tastefully appointed guest rooms and suites decorated in a cottage style.
- Guest rooms located on three levels, all with upscale amenities and en-suite bathrooms.
- Guestroom extras include private deck or patio, skylights, sitting areas, Vermont Castings gas fireplace or gas fireplace, views of the gardens, soaking tubs or walk in showers, flat screen TVs, built in book shelves and window seats.
- Two car insulated attached garage with spacious adjoining storage room! Conveniently located close to the owner’s apartment.
- Expansion/conversion opportunity exists in one of the Inn’s walk-out basement/lower level.
- Included in this superlative Inn is every innkeeper’s dream! A 1,800 square foot two level owner’s apartment with three bedrooms, a spacious living room with private deck overlooking the gardens, open full kitchen, laundry and two and a half baths. An unbelievable plus for this offering.
Mid Coast Maine tourism is strong and Camden with its’ vibrant village and iconic harbor is a top choice. From Schooners to lighthouses, outdoor adventure, shopping, sightseeing and more, there’s something for everyone in Camden, Maine and the surrounding area. The Inn is located just right for short walks to the village!
In winter the U.S. National Toboggan Championship attracts a large crowd. The town is full for the PopTech Conference held in Camden every October and for the Camden Conference held in February. Thanksgiving and Christmas are popular holidays for visitors to this iconic coastal village. Increased business opportunity in every season to add to the bottom line!
Being situated half way between Portland and Bar Harbor (about 2 hours to both), and an hour to Boothbay Harbor makes it easy to make Camden a home base for day trips. Portland International Jetport is 84 miles away, Bangor International is 58 miles. For those who fly into Boston, this major city is only a few hours’ drive away too.
To read more about the history of the 1802 house, please click here to download the PDF. Learn why the Inn is so loved and cared for, ready for new owners to become stewards of this truly superlative property.
Current financials plus the exceptionally large owner’s quarters help support the price. There is ample opportunity for increased business through a longer season in this premier Maine coastal destination location.
This historic, well maintained, pristine and popular Camden Maine bed and breakfast for sale with opportunity must be seen to be believed.