Captain Jefferds Inn, Kennebunkport, Maine
Southern Maine Majestic Colonial Revival Ship Captains Home
Located in the quiet and highly desired Kennebunkport Residential Historic District, The Captain Jefferds Inn stands tall and stately, a beautiful and proud piece of American history. The Inn’s sixteen guest rooms each have an individual charm and comfort, all decorated with a soft, understated traditional elegance. The Inn’s high ceilings add additional grandeur as does the unique curved staircase and second floor landing, a design that represents an admiral’s bridge on a ship. The Inn offers the best in luxury amenities, all picked to pamper!
Kennebunkport and the Captain Jefferds Inn, truly a destination for all seasons with so many reasons to visit and stay.
- A popular tourist destination since the late 19th century.
- Today’s lodging choice? One of the ‘Kennebunks’ historic and well-established bed & breakfast inns.
- The Inn’s location is just a few blocks stroll to Dock Square, Kennebunkport’s village center.
- Innovative restaurants, one of a kind shops, plus galleries featuring local and state-wide artists and artisans.
- Another short walk to Ocean Avenue and the waterfront harbor.
- Down the avenue, Walkers Point and Maine’s rocky Atlantic coastline.
The inn’s guests are international, national and within close driving distance, as the ‘Port’ is less than 2 hours north of Boston. Open year round, guests visit in all seasons. You can’t ask for a better destination location!
The public gathering spots of the Captain Jefferds Inn include:
- The grand dining room. One guest review described the breakfast dining experience; “The table is set like Downton Abbey, but the feel is happy family.”
- The bright and inviting sun room.
- The living room with its’ comforting wood burning fireplace.
Guest congregate in the morning for early coffee and in the afternoon for cold or hot drinks, wine and sweet and savory snacks. All in all, perfect settings for bed and breakfast camaraderie.
The building and property are exceptionally well maintained. Ongoing maintenance and upgrades are documented and demonstrate the ongoing detailed care and effort that has occurred during the current innkeeper’s tenure.
The outdoors is as majestic as the interior! The curb appeal on this corner lot is superb, passersby can’t help but stop and stare.
- Flowering gardens surround the entire perimeter of the building.
- Flanked by an original historic designed fence.
- A rear patio, fountain and sunken garden add to the overall outdoor ambiance.
- The inn also resides next to the town’s River Green, a wonderfully maintained open area for all to enjoy.
The Inn offers five of the guest rooms as pet friendly. They are the only year-round property in Kennebunkport that offers this service. A very profitable and growing part of the business.
Business is strong at the Captain Jefferds Inn…and so are the numbers! The quality service, impeccable hospitality, well maintained building and grounds, New England ambiance and outstanding southern Maine coastal location all add to the Inn’s financial viability and future ongoing success. Yet there is realistic room for growth with new owners.
If owning one of the grandest bed and breakfast’s in one of Maine’s most desirable locations is your dream and passion…The B&B Team welcomes serious qualified buyers to consider The Captain Jefferds Inn in your search.
Photos by Jumping Rocks Photography, Christian Giannelli and Robert Dennis.
- Financially Viable
- More than $3 Million
- New England
- 11 - 20 Rooms
- Bed & Breakfast
- Select Registry