Downtown Portland Maine Inn
Elegant and perfectly located in Bon Appetit's 2018 'Restaurant City of the Year'.
This downtown Portland Maine Inn SOLD is located in a beautiful residential neighborhood of vibrant, ever-growing Portland, Maine.
Built in 1871 and recorded in the City’s register of Historic Homes, the Victorian-era Inn has been meticulously maintained and updated to satisfy chic, modern sensibilities and expectations.
The Inn has six uniquely designed guest rooms spanning three floors, all featuring private bath. The common dining and sitting rooms were fully renovated in 2017, leading Downeast Magazine to recognize the Inn’s “wow factor” interior design. The sitting room features a gorgeous built-in bookcase and gas fireplace.
The Inn is steps away from the Olmsted-designed Western Promenade with grand views of the White Mountains, and is within easy walking distance of the Portland Museum of Art and the Old Port District.
The ‘garden apartment’ style owners quarters is perfectly suited to an urban sense of style and comfort.
- 4632 Square footage
- Floors: 4, including finished basement
- 6 guest rooms and 6 baths [5 en suite, all renovated since 2012 including granite countertops and newly tiled showers]
- 12’ ceilings with impeccably maintained original plaster anthemia medallions and other ornate plasterwork in Dining and Sitting rooms; original, exceptionally well-maintained hardwood flooring in all common areas and three guest rooms
- Abundant natural light from multiple high windows throughout all common areas, including central bay window in Dining room
- Gas fireplace in Sitting room
- Private kitchen with excellent natural light and fully equipped with commercial refrigerator, gas stove, griddle, dishwasher, etc.
- Fully sprinklered building
Reputation & Marketing Highlights
- Consistently top rated B&B in Portland on TripAdvisor, rising from 4.8 bubbles in 2016 to 5.0 in 2017
- Honored in September 2017 Downeast magazine as one of Maine’s Top 12 Destination Inns under new ownership, as selected by the editors [story: ‘The New Innkeepers’]
- Successful brand re-launch in 2017.
- Portland, Maine is nationally and internationally recognized as one of America’s top destination cities for superior food, hospitality and recreation:
New York Times
Food & Wine
Recent news…Bon Appetit salutes Portland as top food city in U.S.
Portland’s visitor scene is active year-round and high quality accommodations are in demand in all seasons. Because Portland is not issuing any new B&B licenses in this neighborhood, the Inn enjoys a unique, privileged position as the top-rated business in a finite field of comparators.
Portland’s hospitality culture is vibrant and ever-growing. This is a buyer’s opportunity to live in a vibrant, thriving and ever growing town and become immersed in all that Portland has to offer.
For more information, contact The B&B Team.
- Financially Viable
- $1 Million to $2 Million
- New England
- 6 - 10 Rooms
- Bed & Breakfast