Galena IL B&B for Sale
Galena, IL gem!
Welcome to Galena, the little river town often called the “small frozen-in-time town.” For generations, over 1 million travelers have flocked to the town. Galena is a prime historic Midwest destination location for couple’s and girlfriends’ getaways, weddings and other celebrations. And this Galena IL B&B for sale has it all!
We are pleased to offer Farmers Guest House to a future innkeeper. With 9 guest rooms, comfortable owner’s quarters, and a killer location, this Galena IL B&B for sale is in the historic downtown, one block from Main Street.
Business is strong in Galena, and strength brings successful and quality downtown businesses. Retail stores and restaurants are home-grown. Shopping, antiquing, fine and casual dining, art galleries, and museums partner with an abundance of four season activities, festivals and tours, all of which are well marketed by the community. This makes it a prime location to own this Galena IL B&B for sale.
The town is known for its Historic District, with the same charm and look as it had in the 1800’s. The original architecture has been preserved and restored. Over seventy-five percent of the town is listed on the National Register of Historic Places!
Bed & Breakfasts are a prime choice for lodging, and Farmers Guest House is continually recognized as one of the best bed and breakfasts in Galena, IL.
- Built as the Farmers Home Hotel in 1867, this icon of hospitality in Galena is one of the few historic buildings in the downtown Galena National Historic District that is still fulfilling its original purpose.
- Of the 9 guest rooms, 5 are king bed and 4 are queen, with 2 suites in the main building and a charming, secluded backyard cottage suite.
- Guestroom extras include full bathrooms, ceiling fans, abundant electrical outlets, flat screen TV’s, and individually controlled thermostats. Suites additionally include private sitting room, fireplace, whirlpool tub, and coffee service.
- Decorated with a tasteful mix of antiques, contemporary furnishing and eclectic whimsy!
- The dining and gathering area is comfortable and inviting. From morning ‘til evening guests gather to enjoy the Farmers Guest House hospitality.
- Outdoor patios and hillside landscaped garden.
- Short walk to downtown.
- Plus, the Inn features their private spa, Studio at the Farmers Guest House offering a variety of treatments.
Galena has a small-town friendly atmosphere with the advantage of being nestled in beautiful country surroundings. Located in the northwest corner of Illinois near the Mississippi River, the rolling hills, green valleys and unspoiled vistas include many acres of preserves and parks. Vineyards are plentiful with tours and tastings year-round. Guests can explore the preserves and parks in well maintained hiking biking, walking and cross-country skiing trails. There are activities that draw visitors in all seasons, drawing from many major metro areas in 4 states. Minnesota – Twin Cities, Wisconsin – Madison & Milwaukee, Iowa – Quad Cities and Cedar Rapids, Illinois – Chicago & Springfield.
The owner’s quarters are comfortable, convenient and private comprising interior and exterior entrances with a living room, master bedroom and bath. The kitchen is a gourmet or professional’s delight. There is a partially finished basement for an additional hobby room plus plenty of storage.
What more could you ask for than a well-established and strong business in a strong destination location? The opportunity for new owners to grow the business and add their own brand and vision at this Galena IL B&B for sale is noteworthy.
Sellers are represented by counsel, Nack, Richardson & Nack, P.C. Some photos by Unposed Photography.
- Financially Viable
- $1 Million to $2 Million
- Mid West
- 6 - 10 Rooms
- Bed & Breakfast
- Spa facilities