Hannibal Missouri Bed and Breakfast for Sale
Destination Countryside B&B on 36 acres in the land of Mark Twain!
Garth Woodside Mansion is an 8 Guest Room Mansion bed and breakfast with 3 private cottages and event venue located in Hannibal, Missouri. This Hannibal Missouri bed and breakfast for sale has played an important role in the history of its home city and in the life of its most famous resident guest, Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain). Local tourism is largely based on Hannibal’s connection to the author’s lore. Attractions include museums, riverboat cruises, theater, and galleries. While leisure travel to this market is a given, a strong business community supplements occupancy throughout the year.
The Inn is comprised of the historic Garth Woodside Mansion, three luxury guest cottages, a wedding facility, and a hillside paddock. All three components are spread throughout the property, offering a sense of privacy to all guests. The Inn’s luxury cabins are high income generators and provide a model for future growth especially given the Inn’s ample acreage. (Read about our love of deluxe cabin and cottage rentals here.)
The Inn’s occupancy rate was 37% in 2020 with an average daily rate of $240. This was a significant increase over previous years, driven largely by the owners’ commitment to marketing the Inn and a campaign of dynamic pricing. The Inn was awarded a Certificate of Excellence and is rated one of the top B&Bs in Missouri with a Traveler’s Choice Award on TripAdvisor.
- 8 Guest Rooms in the Mansion
- 3 private Cottages
- 2,500 square foot wedding pavilion, gazebo, private restrooms, and catering kitchen
- 1,250 square foot dining room seats up to 85 with licensed bar
- Fully commercial kitchen
- 36.1 +/- acres
- Built in 1871 with later additions and updated systems
- Turnkey offering (with stated exceptions)
- Solid revenue history and profitability
- Active destination with strong mixture of leisure and business travel
- Idyllic country setting only 100 miles from three major cities, St. Louis and Columbia, MO and Springfield, IL
The opportunities to expand the business at this Hannibal Missouri bed and breakfast for sale are endless. For details on the Garth Woodside Mansion, please contact Eben Viens at 877-957-2360.
Missouri broker of record is Century 21 Broughton Team.
- Financially Viable
- $1 Million to $2 Million
- Mid West
- 11 - 20 Rooms
- Bed & Breakfast