Kitzhof Inn-Vermont Bed & Breakfast for Sale
Southern Vermont at the Base of Mt. Snow
Do you want to have FUN and a great business? The Kitzhof Inn-Vermont Bed & Breakfast for sale can be yours. Year round business located at the base of Mt. Snow in southern Vermont in the village of Dover is a classic. This may be just what you are looking for. The lodge was custom built in 1958 to resemble an alpine ski lodge. The bed & breakfast accommodated families and groups from the very start, including their own! The original innkeepers raised their large family at the inn thus the name kitzhof meaning ‘goats (kids) house’. Great history but what about today’s Kitzhof?
Read about Vermont and it’s strong brand in our blog.
The Kitzhof Inn-Vermont bed & breakfast for sale has an overall warm and cozy feel with original cedar pine paneling throughout the Inn. The 23 guest rooms are simple and comfortable, all differently designed with a variety of bed combinations, all with private bathrooms and amenities. Most of the bathrooms have been renovated in recent years. The real wood fireplace, Scandinavian style wood hot tub and the quiet reading room adds to the warm atmosphere that people often comment upon. The Fireplace Lounge is a great gathering spot with a BYOB bar steps away. The ‘gameroom’ area has pinball and retro computer games as well as chess, cards and a mini pool table. Fun for all ages!
What else does The Kitzhof Inn have to offer?
- Vermont Mountains and country roads are a draw year round. Every season in Vermont has it’s own attraction.
- Current innkeepers offer the Kitzhof to groups that are seeking a relaxed Vermont mountain B&B experience.
- Current innkeepers specialize in welcoming groups from motorcyclists (they ride too, so they know their stuff!) car clubs, small bus tours, golfing groups and family reunions.
- The Kitzhof Inn welcomes them all. Hospitality at its best.
- Can’t forget breakfast! Rise early to a hearty home style breakfast of eggs, thick smoked cured bacon and homemade home fries. Pancakes with Vermont maple syrup, it’s a given.
- Current innkeepers also offer pre-arranged group dinners. Full BBQ with chicken, ribs, burgers with all the trimmings, corn on the cob, homemade coleslaw and beans followed by desert.
- All offered outside by a fire pit or inside the dining room that can seat up to 48.
- Full commercial kitchen with all the gear.
- 18″ x 34′ swimming pool to complete the package.
- Garage/barn/storage 20′ x 21′ building on site.
- Oh yes and 2400 square foot Owner’s Quarters with living area, kitchen/dining area, 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, laundry and more.
Location is key! Walk or ride to restaurants and bars in West Dover village. A free ‘Shuttle Bus’ takes you directly to the lifts at Mount Snow just 2 minutes away, north or into town, south. The area is picturesque and rustic, an authentic Vermont setting.
After years of offering their genuine hospitality and growing and nurturing the business, the current innkeepers are ready to down shift a bit. New keepers of the Inn can put their own mark on this classic Vermont Bed & Breakfast for sale property. The opportunities are endless and there is no better way to express your passions than in your own bed and breakfast.
This offering is available for $1,100,000 and is offered exclusively by the Vermont Broker of Record: Barrett & Valley Associates, Inc.
- Financially Viable
- $1 Million to $2 Million
- New England
- Over 20 Rooms
- Bed & Breakfast