The Lodge at Moosehead Lake
The rustic sophistication of The Lodge at Moosehead Lake has attracted visitors to Maine for generations. And they keep coming back! The lure of the north woods of Maine and the calming effect of unspoiled lake vistas make this property a very attractive offering for discerning buyers with a love of the great Maine outdoors and activities.
The Lodge at Moosehead Lake is a 4 season Maine lakes and mountain resort. Located in Greenville on Maine’s largest freshwater lake, 40 miles long and 20 miles wide!
A Four Diamond AAA and Select Registry property, the lodging experience is rustically elegant with 4 suites and 5 lodge rooms. Each guest room is unique and thoughtfully decorated to reflect the natural surroundings with total luxury and comfort in mind. Peaceful Moosehead Lake and mountain views from each room.
The superior lodging is not the only reason guests are attracted to The Lodge at Moosehead Lake. Guests come to experience:
- Soft adventure excursions exclusively packaged and arranged by the Inn and led by Master Maine Guides.
- The Lodge pioneered the Moose Safari trip as a unique experience for its guests almost 20 years ago with over 20 four-season excursions to select from!
- Choices include a full day Fly-In Canoe trip, White Water Rafting on the Kennebec River, Hiking, Bird Watching, Dog-Sledding, and a lake cruise on the historic 100 year old Katahdin Steamboat!
For future innkeepers of the Lodge at Moosehead Lake owning a business in the region and the town of Greenville has its advantages. A sense of community is one of the main reasons people live in a small town and Greenville, population just under 1500, is an exceptional Maine small town community. The community can boast the fact that Greenville High School is the third best in Maine and one of top the 1,000 in the US. Other benefits? Wide open skies with a carpet of stars, fresh air and quiet except for the occasional call of the loons or your neighbors saying hello, yes everybody knows everybody. And they will soon know you.
Only 1 1/2 hours from Bangor BGR International Airport, with a broad range of convenient services, great connections to major cities, easy in and out. 3 hours from Portland, Maine’s largest city. Moosehead Lake is closer than you think. Driving distance from Quebec City is 3 ¼, Montreal 5 ¼ hours, from Boston 4 ½ hours, from NYC 8 hours.
Do you have a passion for food? Dining at The Lodge at Moosehead Lake is exclusive to lodging guests. New owners have the opportunity to expand food service if so desired. The lodge includes a full commercial kitchen. In addition to breakfast current food service includes:
- From mid-June through Columbus Day the Lodge serves ‘Up North Cuisine’ dinners Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Winter dinner is served January –March on Friday and Saturday.
- Chloe’s Pub on the lower level is a relaxed venue with a bar, TV and games.
- Monday through Thursday ‘Charcuterie Sunset Platters’ are served.
- On the lawns overlooking the lake is a natural boulder fire pit where ‘Safari Camp Dinners’ are available on Sunday evenings.
Owner’s quarters are magnificent! An 1800 square foot custom designed post and beam home with the same peaceful lake vistas as the Inn. “The timber frame is a powerful architectural element that carries its inherent strength and integrity into the interior space, gracing a home, cottage, or barn with tradition, warmth, and a refined ruggedness.” The exposed curved beams chosen for the home are truly graceful! Two bedrooms, two full baths plus a half-bath too, three floor to ceiling stone fireplaces and a large open living space with custom kitchen and dining area. Beautiful wood flooring throughout completes the package.
An article in Portland Magazine featured the Inn and the ‘rustic sophistication’ that the Inn offers.
This is an exceptional property for buyers seeking an established financially viable Maine Lakes and Mountain resort lodging. The Lodge at Moosehead Lake offers a strong business plus the added bonus of the separate custom built owner’s home, all with the natural beauty of Moosehead Lake from every vista. An extraordinary offering at $2,695,000.
- Financially Viable
- $2 Million to $3 Million
- New England
- 6 - 10 Rooms
- Full Service Inn
- Select Registry
- Water View