Old Saco Inn, Maine Inn for Sale
Leave the world behind!
The Old Saco Inn, Maine Inn for sale is a peaceful retreat located in Western Maine’s Lakes & Mountains Region, and part of the Mt. Washington Valley. The Inn is situated on 65 beautiful acres with 2600 feet of frontage on the banks of the Old Saco River. This property is truly a gem in the heart of the valley.
Lodging includes nine well-appointed guest rooms and suites in two buildings. ‘The Lodge’ includes the public areas and five guest rooms. ‘The Carriage House’ includes four guest rooms and the owner’s apartment.
The Inn is meticulously maintained inside and out. The amount of attention to detail from the modern tastefully furnished guest rooms to the impeccable grounds, from amenities to safety, is unparalleled.
The Old Saco Inn, Maine Inn for sale is a true retreat for a perfect quiet getaway. The 4 season resort-style activities include:
- Complimentary kayaks and canoes for use on the river.
- Fishing. The Old Saco River is loaded with fish!
- New floating dock and riverbank deck.
- Driving range with a small selection of clubs to use. Or bring your own, the Lake Kezar Country Club is 4 miles from the Inn.
- Complimentary snow shoes are available for use on the Inn’s trails through the forest.
- Complimentary guest trailer parking for snowmobilers to base up at the Inn. Enjoy the luxury of snowmobiling right to the front door!
- A Weber BBQ Grill next to the picnic table overlooking the river is exclusively available to guests.
- The outdoor fire-pit makes for a romantic bonfire under the stars.
- Frisbees and ball games enjoyed on the expansive front lawn.
Within the Inn, the relaxing begins!
- Dinner at the Inn is available every weekend from May 1st through October 31st, for inn guests and locals. The menu is small, tasty and enticing, and very affordable. The menu changes every weekend and is emailed, published on Facebook, and posted to the website weekly in advance.
- The Pub is available to in-house guests every evening throughout the year until 8pm. It is open to the public on Friday & Saturday evenings during restaurant hours, and during driving range hours.
- The public area at The Lodge includes the dining room, lounge and pub, all situated around a huge fireplace that is central to the building. A long fully screened veranda runs along the river-facing side of the Lodge, perfect for summer breakfasts, sundowners or long afternoon reads.
- On the second level of The Lodge is a very unique wrap around mezzanine library filled with books and games. Guests can tuck themselves in a cozy corner or retreat to their room.
- The guest rooms and suites are all appointed with luxury linens, private baths, flat screen TVs and king or queen beds. One suite has a jetted tub, others have tub and shower combinations. Two of the rooms are wheelchair accessible and six of the rooms have an extra day bed or sofa bed, perfect for family travel. Many of the rooms have outside decks with umbrellas and seating. And the views, spectacular!
- Guests comment on the cleanliness, bright and fresh clean lines and modern furnishings in the guest rooms. All very conducive for a relaxing stay.
Included in this property is every innkeeper’s dream! A newly renovated owner’s apartment with one bedroom and one bath, a spacious living room with wood-burning fireplace, open-plan full kitchen, and a large private deck overlooking the grounds and mountains. An unbelievable plus for this offering!
For guests, adventure and exploration is available all year long in the Western Maine Lakes Region and the Mt. Washington Valley. Some highlights:
- Exploring the White Mountain National Forest by car or cycling.
- Day-tripping via the Auto Road to Mt. Washington or taking the Cog Railway train to the top.
- Hiking the numerous mountain trails and scenic waterfalls.
- The Pequawket Trail Scenic Byway is a 60 mile scenic route that passes directly through Fryeburg.
- Outlet shopping in nearby Conway is a year round draw!
- The historic Fryeburg Fair fills the town (300,000!) for a week in October.
- Nearby Stone Mountain Arts Center in Brownfield, Maine, an intimate 200 seat music venue.
- Fryeburg is home to the acclaimed Fryeburg Academy, the Leura Hill Eastman Performing Arts Center, and the International Musical Arts Institute.
- Nearby alpine skiing, snowboarding and even ice climbing. Family skiing at Shawnee Peak is about 15 minutes away.
From a Trip Advisor review:
‘Outside the air is pure and perfect for a walk around the grounds, inside there is a wealth of books to explore or simply sit with a cup of coffee and marvel at the view. There is so much to do in the area. We were on the slopes in no time, experiencing some great skiing…and then there was the outlet shopping in North Conway. Our daughters were in heaven! Snowmobiling and a snowshoe trek are on the cards for our next visit!’
On the property are outbuildings for storage and maintenance, and a wood-burning furnace that further reduces the carbon footprint. A wealth of equipment is included in the sale. A detailed list will be provided.
The B&B Team is proud to offer the exceptional Old Saco Inn, Maine Inn for sale, priced at $1,350,000.
- Financially Viable
- $1 Million to $2 Million
- New England
- 6 - 10 Rooms
- Bed & Breakfast
- Full Service Inn