Prominent Moosehead Lake Area Country Inn
This Moosehead Lake Full Service Inn for sale has it all. An elaborate Queen Anne built in 1895 for William Shaw, a prominent lumber baron in the late 19th and early 20th century who also owned the steamer Katahdin. The inn is on the National Register of Historic Places. Guests can relax with an evening cocktail or aperitif on the veranda or in either of the sitting rooms; the Cherry Room or the Oak Room. Both dining rooms offer beautiful mountain sunset vistas.
At a glance
- 14 guest rooms, all en-suite baths (cottages, inn rooms, carriage house and tower suites)
- 4.5 acres in the central business district, on a quiet one-way residential street. And plenty of room for events.
- Incredible original woodwork (mahogany, cherry, oak), leaded glass and original light fixtures throughout this grande dame Several sets of original hardwood pocket doors
- Immaculately maintained and updated over the years
- Spacious commercial kitchen, perfect for hosting events
- Onsite spacious staff quarters
Open year round (inn rooms) but the 6 cottages are fully winterized (and on foundations) and could remain open all year. Private third floor owner’s suite with 2 bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths, new kitchenette, office/storage, a very comfortable and private space.
Just up the street from the heart of town on a quiet one-way, dead end residential street. But just a short stroll down to the lake, shops and restaurants. Greenville and Moosehead Lake are popular destination vacation locations. Activities are available year round. This Moosehead Lake Full Service Inn is seeking new owners who want events or food service and quality lodging in one of the most beautiful places in the country.
- Financially Viable
- $2 Million to $3 Million
- New England
- 11 - 20 Rooms
- Bed & Breakfast