Waldo Emerson Inn-Southern Coastal Maine Inn for Sale
Own a magnificent piece of history in spectacular southern coastal Maine
The historic Waldo Emerson Inn-Southern Coastal Maine in beautiful Kennebunk is for sale. This remarkable property is located adjacent to the Kennebunk River in the heart of the town’s historic district, an area renowned for its 18th century shipyards and shipbuilders mansions. This beautiful historic house is also available as a private home. Convert it into your own private residence on Kennebunk’s prestigious Summer Street. Opportunity to live, work and become immersed in a vibrant seaside community.
The fully refurbished Waldo Emerson Inn is a B&B owner’s dream. A financially viable, turnkey property for anyone desiring to own a beautifully restored year-round B&B on southern coastal Maine. Waldo Emerson Inn has an outstanding reputation with a loyal returning clientele.
The inn features:
- Six charming individually zoned (heat & A/C) guest rooms each with ensuite full baths. Rooms are furnished with antiques and handmade quilts. One of which is conveniently located on the first floor.
- One of the six guest rooms is a large bedroom with a kitchenette well suited for small families or longer term rental.
- Owner’s apartment on the third floor includes a master bedroom, living/family room, one large master bathroom, a second bedroom. Plenty of privacy.
- Fully efficient large kitchen with upgraded appliances.
- Two charming formal parlors/living rooms and a lovely dining room. Original working fireplaces create a warm inviting atmosphere.
- Adjacent commercially zoned gift and quilt shop on the first floor of a spacious, and recently renovated, carriage house.
- Second floor of carriage house features a two bedroom apartment with cathedral ceilings, exposed beams, bathroom, laundry facilities, and a private entrance that makes it easy to rent year-round.
- Beautiful gardens, plenty of on-site parking, a spacious lawn with tree-shaded Adirondack chairs.
- A perfect location near beaches and the villages of Kennebunk and Kennebunkport.
- Guest touring bikes, beach chairs, and more.
- Newly-installed cloud-based Wi-Fi throughout the inn and grounds.
This beautiful Dutch Gambrel-style mansion, built in the colonial era, is one of Kennebunk’s oldest historic structures and features hand-hewn oak beams, wide-plank King pine floors, Indian shutters, eight original working fireplaces, and a fascinating history. This is where Ralph Waldo Emerson, a famous 19th century essayist and lecturer, summered for over a decade, writing many of his great works here. Intriguing hiding places in the cellar and attic make it easy to understand why this home was also known as stop on the Underground Railroad.
Kennebunk/Kennebunkport are year-round destinations with renowned beaches, first class dining, shops, museums, art galleries, biking trails, and fascinating historic sites, including Walkers Point, the home of two U.S. presidents. Day trips from the inn are very convenient because of the close access to Interstate 95.
Own this prime B&B property that’s ready to welcome guests on your first day! The Kennebunks have so much to offer for business owners and residents. The quality of life is outstanding. Create your own vision in this outstanding B&B or convert back to a private residence. The prospects are boundless.
The B&B Team is proud to offer the financially viable Waldo Emerson Inn-Southern Coastal Maine Inn for sale at $915,000. A prime popular location, history, authenticity and room for growth for new owner/innkeepers.
- Financially Viable
- $500,000 to $1 Million
- New England
- 6 - 10 Rooms
- Bed & Breakfast